c u r r i c u l u m v i t a e
Jolie van der Klis|
Date of birth: March 4, 1965
Portfolio: Jolie's online portfolio
URL since 1998: http://www.jolie.nl
URL since 1995: http://www.xs4all.nl/~jolie
Weblog since 2002: http://www.jolie.nl/weblog
| What? |
I design websites, illustrations, brochures, books and bookcovers.
Recent projects are:
You can view examples of my work in my portfolio
- The book ‘incarcerated in Venezuela’ | Dutch: Vast in Venezuela. As a ghostwriter, I coauthored this book on the life of a busted drug courier in Venezuela. This book has been published recently and can be ordered via Bol.com or Boekenroute. I also did the graphic design, ePUB and page lay-out of the book and its website.
- The website on the book ‘Iedereen Rijk!’ by director and screenwriter Hans Melissen, 2019.
- The Book Weerzien by Guus van Waveren (May 2018), design, page lay-out and cover
- The books of Arnoud Engelfriet and ICTRecht.nl, including photography and lay-out (2007-2014).
Arnoud Engelfriet is a leading expert on Internet and ICT Law in the Netherlands. It is a pleasure to work with him and to design his well-written books on Dutch Internet Law.
- The website on the book Het Festijn van Vlees en Wijn [‘The Feast of Meat and Wine’] by director and screenwriter Hans Melissen.
- The personal website of Dutch director and screenwriter Mr. Hans Melissen.
- Since 2008 I also create illustrations for buurtleefregels ('neighbourhood improvement regulations'), for the Noorlandercomplex in Amsterdam. Today (2018) I am still creating brochures and flyers (text, illustration) for the Noorlandercomplex.
- Older websites, for the International Auschwitz Komitee (2003-2013), for Stichting Magenta (2002 and on), ICARE, INACH, MDI a.o. can only be viewed as screencap in my portfolio.
- Since websites become outdated very, very soon ;-} I picked up ceramics and antique-restoration as a hobby. And I combine that with my graphic-/webmaster-art: I set up the Dutch Doll-collectors and restoration internet forum. I write articles about Antique Dolls for the Magazine Poppen en Teddybeer van Uitg. Heins since october 2016.
Grafisch Media Instituut Amsterdam|
january 2000 - september 2002:
- teaching webdesign, Adobe software, HTML, PHP
- recently I changed my contract into a freelance-status, to be able to spend time on freelance projects
october 1996 - december 1999:
- Design and updates XS4ALL-webpages, intranetpages and projectpages
- Design icons for software-interface
- Simple perlscript for the XS4ALL-webpages
- Reports and advise concerning the XS4ALL website
- DTP manuals and folders
- Contact clients XS4ALL via e-mail, questions concerning the XS4ALL-webpages
- Mentoring trainee webdesign
Mission regarding webpages XS4ALL:
See also examples of my work in my portfolio
Websites developed for XS4ALL Internet:
Printed matter for XS4ALL, a.o:
- The NL-knowhow.org-pages: 'Nederland Kennisland Site.' Produced under the auspices of the Partner in Knowledge Steering Group, representing: 5 Ministries. Site contains information about Dutch-based companies and organisations active in knowledge and technology.
- The XS4ALL-Site, 750 pages
- ProjectSites for XS4ALL like 5th anniversary, and HIP'97 [incl. logo].
- The Report of the Hotline Against childpornography on the Internet
Design webpages for Wegener Internet Nederland,|
March - August 1996:
These projects were made in cooperation with my colleagues: I designed the HTML-blueprint and the images, and the HTML-programmers in the team put the information into the blueprints.
- Design Website Wegenerdivision WISE "Wegener Informatie Services Exploitatie B.V."
- Design Wegener Anual Report for Internet and CDrom
- Design Webpublication of the book 'Dankzij de snelheid van het licht' by Maurice de Hond
- Nederlands Tijdschrift voor Tandheelkunde (Design based upon existing Magazine for Dentists)
- Webimages for Gouden Gids (Yellow Pages)
- Design beamerpresentations about Wegener Internet, for a.o. KiViNiria
Except for the Webpublication of the book 'Dankzij de snelheid van het licht' and the beamerpresentations: I both designed and HTMLed these projects.
end august till end september 1996:
- Buttons & banners: creating and uploading web-add's daily.
- Updating Statistic-datafiles daily. (Perl)
- Providing clients with statistic information regarding their web-adds weekly.
- Desktop-publishing for the User-manual.
- Created 16-color images for the Internet-installer-software.
WebPages made by my one-woman's company MMWEbHL|
- Webpage PD-Advise and Administration
- Website Funnewspaper
- Website Buro voor Levensgenieters "PartyBuro for Life-enjoyers"
| Education: |
Hermann Wesselink College
Startbaan 3, Amstelveen
graduated in Latin, Greek, English, Dutch, German, History, Art-history
- Artschool section first degree Artteachers
(Hogeschool voor de Kunsten afd. Beeldende Vorming)
Lutmastraat 191, Amsterdam
Degree allows me to teach art and art-history in all educational institutes in the Netherlands.
- 'De Meevaart'
Balistraat 48A, Amsterdam
course programming in GWbasic
september - november 1986
After this course I programmed a text-based adventure-game in GWbasisc in two years.
- Kreft Advies Opleidingen
Houtplein 8, Haarlem
Fulltime course "Electronic Design"
November 1993 - june 1994
- Diploma DeskTop Publishing, 16 december 1994
- Workshop's, 1998
HTML: Dreamweaver, Golive Cyberstudio
| Software I work with, either part of the course "Electronic Design" (1993-1994) or studied afterwards: |
Adobe Photoshop CS5, Adobe Illustrator CS5, BBedit 9.6, QuarkXpress 8, Adobe Premiere+AfterEffects CS5, Strata 3D 5.5, Flash CS5, Dreamweaver MX, Fontographer 4
| Freelance work within my one-woman's company MMWEbHL 1994 - 1995 for: |
Educational Press, City: Leiden|
Design 'Higher Education Guide' / '95 / '96 / '97
Blueprint for all pages; Infographics and Brochures Higher Education Guide
Higher Education Press-agency, Leiden
Press-cards (ID), infographics for university-magazins
DesignBuro 'Basislijn', Amsterdam 1994 - 1995
Citymaps, infographics, DTP, Photoretouche
Design "huisstijlen": printed matter like notepaper, envelopes and businesscards
See also examples of my work in my portfolio
NLIP Dutch Combination of Internetproviders -Utrecht
ITcompany Quintiq B.V. -'s Hertogenbosch
Lemstra en van Vleuten 'PartyBuro for Life-enjoyers' -Amersfoort
Community-centre "WOO Indische Buurt" -Amsterdam
Printing-office 'Amersfoort' -Amersfoort
PD Advies & Administratie BV -Amsterdam
Work like adds, brochures and infographics 1994 - 1995 for:
Explainer Interactive bv - Amsterdam
Café Internet - Amsterdam
Printing-office 'Amersfoort' - Amersfoort
Printing-office 'De Volharding' - Amsterdam
Recordingstudios - Hoorn - Amsterdam
Publicity Agency Cramer & Van Hooijdonk - Amsterdam
Artfoundation 'De Eilanden' - Amsterdam
Mediart Productions - Amsterdam
| Jobs in education |
Jobs in education / highschools / institutes
- teaching graphic design, art and art-history, design software, web techniques; developing courses and educational materials
Jan van Rijckenborghschool Hilversum Since february 2016: Group 7/8 (10-12 yr-olds,) English as near-native-speaker. We started using Our Discovery Island, but we wanted to achieve more immersion in the English language. That is why we started to develop supplementary materials ourselves.|
My lecture at the OHM-hacker-festival 2013, on the crowd disaster at the Loveparade Festival in Duisburg, Germany, can still be viewed at the Prezi-site (English).
Grafisch Media Instituut Amsterdam january 2000 - september 2002: teaching webdesign, -techniques and -software, and developing courses and lessons
Guest-teacher september 1998:
Haagse Hogeschool, Den Haag
4th year students Informatica
Project "vi@2future," subject webdesign and webpage-maintenance
QuarkXpress training Wijkopbouworgaan
5 lessons, spring 1996
local newspaper Amsterdam switching to digital print
Community Centre Hofgeest, Amsterdam
september - december 1995
art-history adults age 50 - 75
Dudok College section Havo-Mbo
W.C. Bradelaan 2, Hilversum
december 1989 - july 1992
art and art-history, 16-18 year old's
Pampedia section Fashion:
Larenseweg 28, Hilversum
may 1990 - october 1990
graphic design, 15-16 year old pupils
Academie de Hoogh section "Agogisch Werk"
Vermeerlaan 12, Hilversum
march 1991 tot - june 1991
art expression, 15-16 year old pupils
Pauwenkamp 151, Maarssen
november 1992 - july 1993
art expression, 12-16 year old pupils
© Jolie van der Klis 1995 - 2020 firstname.lastname@example.org - Acquisition with regards to these pages is not appreciated